- when you visit or use the website at https://bethnalgreenventures.com (the “Website” or “Site”) with a view to applying for a job;
- when you contact us (by email or telephone), for example to submit an application or query in respect of any job vacancies; and/or
- when you undertake any recruitment assessments.
Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purposes of laws regarding data protection, the data controller is BGV Investment Management Ltd registered in England and Wales with registered number 10499434 and registered office address at 63/66 Fifth Floor Suite 23 Hatton Garden London EC1N 8LE.
Personal data we collect
We collect and process personal data relating to you, including (but not limited to) your name and contact details (together with your e-mail address) and other relevant information from your CV. On occasions this may also include sensitive personal information such as details of criminal convictions and ethnic origin.
How we use personal data
We use personal data relating to you that we collect, or that you provide to us, during a job application process, as follows:
- to inform you when we advertise a job which we consider may be of interest to you based on information you have provided to us;
- to progress your application;
- to respond to your queries;
- to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to prepare anonymised data sets;
- to fulfil any legal or regulatory requirements, if necessary; and
- for any other purposes that you would reasonably expect.
We will not share any of the personal data you provide during the recruitment process with any third parties for marketing purposes. If you live in the EU, the personal data relating to you that we collect may be transferred to, and stored at, locations outside the European Economic Area (“EEA“). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our service providers.
Countries where personal data relating to you may be stored and/or processed, or where recipients of personal data relating to you may be located, may have data protection laws which differ to the data protection laws in your country of residence. By submitting your personal data, you accept that personal data relating to you may be transferred, stored or processed in this way. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that the recipients of your data will treat that data securely and in accordance with this policy.
Application Stage and Assessments
We might ask you to fill in an online application form provided by Applied; participate in assessment days; complete tests or occupational personality profile questionnaires; and/or to attend an interview – or a combination of these. Information will be generated by you and by us.
For example, you might complete a written test or we might take interview notes.
If you are unsuccessful following assessment for the position you have applied for, we may ask if you would like your details to be retained in our talent pool for a period of twelve months. If you say yes, we would proactively contact you should any further suitable vacancies arise.
Disclosure of personal data
We may disclose personal data relating to you to third parties in certain circumstances including (but not limited to) the following:
- our third party service providers, such as those we engage to host and maintain the Website, our IT systems and to assist us with marketing campaigns;
- analytics and search engine service providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of this Website;
- law enforcement bodies, Courts of law or as otherwise required or authorised by law; and
- regulatory, or government bodies for the purposes of resolving complaints or disputes both internally and externally or to comply with any investigation by one of those bodies.
Before we disclose personal data to a third party, we take steps to ensure that the third party will protect personal data in accordance with applicable privacy laws and in a manner consistent with this policy. Third parties are required to restrict their use of this personal data to the purpose for which the data was provided.
Although the Website only looks to include safe and relevant external links, users should always adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout the Website.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks.If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information and data via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect personal data relating to you, we cannot guarantee the security of such data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received personal data relating to you, we use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
The security of personal data regarding you is a high priority. We take such steps as are reasonable to securely store personal data regarding you so that it is protected from unauthorised use or access, misuse, loss, modification or unauthorised disclosure. This includes both physical and electronic security measures. Examples include the use of passwords, locked storage cabinets and physical access restrictions to our offices. Other features include:
- storing information on secured networks consistent with industry standards, which are only accessible by those employees who have special access rights to such systems;
- using industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring or receiving personal data, such as SSL technology; and
- restrictions are placed on the electronic transfer of files.
Retention of personal data
If you are successful in respect of a job vacancy, the information you provide during the application process will be retained by us as part of your employee file for the duration of your employment with us plus 6 years following the end of your employment. This includes your criminal records declaration, fitness to work, records of any security checks and references.
If you are unsuccessful at any stage of the process, the information you have provided until that point will be retained for up to twelve months from the closure of the recruitment campaign.
Information generated throughout the assessment process, for example, interview notes, is retained by us for up to twelve months following the closure of the campaign whether you are successful or not.
Equal opportunities information is retained for up to twelve months following the closure of the campaign whether you are successful or not.
Data protection laws give you the right to access personal data held relating to you. To protect your privacy, we may take steps to verify your identity before taking any action in response to any request. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the personal data that we hold relating to you.
We also want to make sure that any personal data relating to you that we hold is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove any personal data you think is inaccurate.
You also have the right, in certain circumstances, to:
- the erasure of personal data relating to you that we hold;
- the restriction of processing of personal data relating to you that we hold; and
- object to our processing of personal data relating to you that we hold.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights or if you have any questions about our processing of personal data relating to you, please contact us (see information below in Contact).
We will respect and provide you with all rights in relation to personal data relating to you that we hold, and to which you are entitled, under applicable law.
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using personal data relating to you, we request that you raise your concern with us in the first instance. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
BGV is an equal opportunities employer and a company committed to diversity. This means that all job applicants and members of staff will receive equal treatment and that we will not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age.
As part of our commitment to equal opportunities we may from time to time use information provided by you for the purposes of diversity monitoring. All such information will be used on an anonymised basis.
Changes to this policy
The new terms may be displayed on-screen and you may be required to read and accept them to continue your use of the Website.
You can contact us by emailing us at email@example.com or writing to us or telephoning us on +44 (0)203 6700 350
Last updated: 14th July 2022